1) Timeline - I invest in a variety of different gold assets with varying risk profiles and investment periods - so I'm comfortable that I've got short, medium and long term investments
2) Inflation - as you can see from the chart on the previous page, I'll hopefully get some protection from inflation
3) Interest rates - although this is somewhat the "achilles heal" for gold....because it does not yield anything. I make sure that several investments pay a dividend. To ensure that I'm getting an income from some of my investments
4) Currency - Gold is somewhat currency agnostic, I may realise my investment in a different currency to that I used when I bought it
5) Cycles - as you can see from the chart on the previous page, gold could be towards the bottom of it's cycle
6) Diversification - I not only invest in a wide range of gold assets, but I also allocate capital across a broad range of other commodities.